The basic rules are:
- Make a (suggested) $100 tax deductible donation to register. Set up your scrapheap challenge webpage (only takes a minute), add photos, blog entries, etc so your friends can check out your machine and sponsor your ride.
- Start with a bike which cost less than $1000 and spend any additional sums on the bike to make it roadworthy, all machines participating must be registered.
- Raise additional funds through sponsorship of your ride – eg dollars/cents per km.
- If you can’t find a Scrapheap ride then you are welcome to ride your everyday bike and still raise money.
- Support vehicles for Scrapheap riders are also welcome to carry fuel, water, food, and any Scrapers that don’t make the distance.
For more information or to make a donation please call 02 9841 4404.